Sunday afternoon picnic on our way to kind of see the Hearst Castle.
This is the San Simeon Pier. The kids were watching the ducks.
After eating, we drove a little further North to watch the elephant seals. This is what they do. Pretty much. Every so often one will scratch or move a little bit. We saw a couple of them fight and Zack gave me a little announcer play by play of the action. When did he learn about uppercuts?
For not doing much, they are entertaining to watch.
In my opinion, a tour of the Hearst Castle costs too much money. Disneyland or Hearst Castle? Hmm. There is a little museum below that gives an idea of what it's like though. I am pretty fascinated by it. First, the architect was a woman. And from what I read, it sounds like she had a tough job. W.R. Hearst was a little eccentric with some super fancy taste and huge ideas and she had to keep up with it and all of his changes. I would have been annoyed. I got annoyed reading about it. Someday maybe I'll get to see the inside, it would be interesting I am sure. For a mere 50 cents, you can view the castle through these:
Can you see it? It's huge!
Zack is in good company when he visits Charlie and Abby. They love to draw too. This is some of Zack's before bed rug art. Tuesday was a beautiful day to go to Avila Beach.
The weather was pretty warm but the water was cold.
Papa had a big kite for them to fly.
There wasn't a lot of wind though.
Noah managed to get it up a few times.
I love it when the boys get to play with their cousins. They have so much fun. I was the only one who got to see the newest cousins though. They are so so so sweet. They are teeny tiny now, but it won't be long before the kids get to chase them around too.
As much fun as it was to visit everyone, I will admit that I do not love the drive. Between the traffic and a certain child getting sick (again!!), it wasn't the best. But we hope we get to go visit again soon. We just might fly though.
