Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day

Once the kids are allowed to enter it's a blur of excitement. 
Not bad photography--a blur of excitement...
This year we didn't send Santa any letters or even sit on a human Santa's lap. 
The boys let him decide what to bring. He did pretty well. 

Noah can perform some pretty impressive card tricks. He wanted a Criss Angel magic kit (as seen on TV) and Santa brought one.  Santa must not be as disturbed by the Mind Freak/creepy Criss Angel picture on the box. Noah was happy-ish. He was hoping for a Toshiba Thrive tablet. 
Magic tricks and a nice toothbrush--Noah had an interesting list this year.
I tried something different this year and numbered the presents rather than writing who they were for. I was hoping to stop the present counting and guessing. It did. I think I will do it again. There was a lot more excitement and anticipation. Everyone knew there were probably Legos and DS games under the tree, they just didn't know who was getting them. 


Here are some of my favorite reactions. I don't know what Noah is so shocked by, but it was jaw-dropping. 
Normally, these are the types of gifts that Santa brings. Ben never saw this coming. 

Neither did Noah. 



 Zack saw this car while shopping in the Idaho Falls Target and wanted it SO MUCH.  There was no way I could buy it and bring it home. I figured it would be easy to find here. It wasn't.  I was a very lucky shopper and he is a very lucky boy.  
As awesome as the concept Corvette R/C is, the iPod is definitely getting the most playing time.
It was really nice to go to church on Christmas Day, especially since our ward starts at 1:00. My kids were not excited that I wanted to take pictures after. 
We never dress up on Christmas Day and they couldn't wait to get out of their church clothes. 
Santa brought wax mustaches. He should have put them in my stocking because I got way more fun out of them than they did.