My absolute favorite part of their visit was going to see Band of Horses at the Joint.
It was the best concert I've been to in awhile. I've given it a lot of thought ,way more thought than I should have, and I've concluded that it was because:
- The music was amazing live.
- There were lots of technical difficulties. The lead singer was having all sorts of problems with his pedal, but he was pretty relaxed about them and it made the show more memorable. At one point his microphone slipped down. He ended up singing on his knees.
- It wasn't super crowded & we were right up front.
- I didn't have a short, drunk, Asian guy rubbing up against me (you know who you are, Foo Fighter's fan).
- I was with some of my favorite people (Emily included though not pictured):
Scott wanted to do two things while he was here: eat at the Rio buffet and see the neon cowboy sign. I was sure that the neon cowboy sign was in Reno, not Vegas. There is a really big cowboy sign in Reno that exists in my imagination. And Vegas Vic, does in fact still exist in Las Vegas. It's part of the Fremont Experience. Which we experienced late one night.
While en route to Fremont street, we stopped at Gold and Silver Pawn. Guess what, it wasn't open. The Pawn Shop with a big neon sign saying open 24 hours was closed. That's our second Pawn Stars fail.
That was the only bad part of their visit. I am so glad they decided to visit.