Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Disneyland--Waiting, patiently waiting

There just isn't any way around it, if you go to Disneyland you better be able to wait, preferably without climbing on something, swinging on the chain dividers or whining. October was a good time to go because the lines weren't very long and we did a lot a fast passes.  Sometimes we even got to walk right on.  It does take some strategy though to ride the really popular rides. The Toy Story ride was crazy busy. Like you could ride the California Screamin' ride twice in the time it takes to get on this ride once busy. And it doesn't have a fast pass. On our last day, our plan was to make it our first ride. We even got there before California Adventure opened and waited behind this rope.
We weren't the only ones with that genius idea. This might have been the longest line we waited in. It's a cute ride, but we didn't ride it again.
When the kids didn't want to ride a ride, I was the designated waiter (mostly because I didn't want to ride it either). I took the boys to Tarzan's Tree house while everyone else got disappointed at the Haunted Mansion. 
While I waited, I entertained myself by taking some covert photos of comedian Kevin Nealon and debating whether I should say something to him. (I am chicken and didn't say a word).
Zack & I  also did some waiting while everyone went on the Tower of Terror. It gave Zack the opportunity to enjoy some cotton candy. "It's like eating a cloud, or heaven."
The worst waiting for me was after Zack fell asleep and I had to wait with him while everyone went on some rides while we all waited for World of Color to start (a double wait!). We were at California Adventure and they were promoting the movie Tron pretty hardcore. I ended up in the middle of a techno rave (at Disney?!) that involved thumping bass and cage dancers (at Disney?!). I was entertained for a minute but it got old pretty fast probably because I am getting old. 
 This is the best way to wait:
 But if your battery is dying or you aren't fancy, I recommend waiting with these two cuties. They are funny.