Monday, November 22, 2010

Disneyland- Thrill Rides

The absolute best part about our Disney trip was that everyone was tall enough to go on every ride. It was great! No being left behind to wait with the too shorties. No one getting left out. No good reason to cry. Last time, all Zack wanted to do was ride the big rides but was too short to do most of the cool ones, except for the Matterhorn.  This time, he was a little more hesitant, but he was brave enough to try.
California Screamin' is by far the best ride. I love it. (Although I learned that I have to break it up. Twice in a row is all I can handle.) This is Zack on his first time:
I don't think I had his shoulder thing (yes, that's the technical term) as tight as it should have been. He used the word levitate to describe his experience and I think it freaked him out a little bit. Ben didn't want to ride it the first day, but was feeling brave on day two. This is him waiting for his first ride.
It ended up being his favorite. Once, he even got a front row seat.
A few times we let the older boys go around the park on their own.  They got a lot more rides in this way. We caught them coming back, just as we were getting ready to get on. Noah's looking a little worked over.
The camera location for this ride is kind of funny to me. It's not positioned at a really steep or particularly thrilling spot, so I kind of faked it.  Zack was too short to see in almost every picture. Except one.

We were disappointed in the Space Mountain scary makeover to Ghost Mountain. It was lame and actually a little too scary for the kids. Zack didn't mind it because he closed his eyes the entire ride. We only rode it once until, luckily on our last day, it was switched back.
We had seven Indiana Jones enthusiasts with us, so we hit that ride several times. Because there was so many of us, we got our own jeep every time. Matt needs chiropractic care after every ride, I think it is fun. Zack is tall enough to ride the rides, just not to be seen in pictures.

Inauthentic enthusiasm for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
This is the one ride I refuse to go on. I've never done it & probably never will.
This is a ride I should never go on. I almost avoided it...

But the kiddos needed an adult to go with them. It's kind of slow and even a little boring,  but it makes me so sick to my stomach. Bleh...

I am not going to lie, Splash Mountain freaks me out. It's all fun and zip-a-dee-do-dah-day-y and then there's that blasted drop off. I dread it. I don't like drop offs (hence no Tower of Terror). Loopty loops are fine, steady climbs and falls are ok, but blind drop offs--no good. Add the element of water and I'm out.  Once is my limit for this one. Thankfully, Emily was kind enough to go multiple times.
With our crew of thrill seekers, we missed out on some of the usuals: Dumbo, Tea Cups, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, It's A Small World (that one was actually closed).  I'm a little sad about Peter Pan but it was really great to be able to experience the same rides with everyone..again & again. 

No comments: