Ok, so Halloween drags on and on. The kids have had their costumes on at least 3 times for various occasions over the last week. We did the trunk or treat on Saturday and then the official trick or treat last night. I am spent. We have plenty of candy. NO MORE!!
I was a little bitter about taking the kids out last night. Maybe that bitterness hasn't quite worn off. It was cold (Emily, I did notice Ethan's shorts on your blog. I'm jealous). And I had allowed myself to hope that maybe Matt would be able to go this year. No luck. I guess you could accurately call me a Halloween Grinch--or whatever the equivalent is. It's just not my holiday.
Here's our gang, ready to get candy.

Shouldn't these two look more excited?

This is just to prove that I am not a total slacker mom. This the first ever elementary school Halloween parade I've attended. I wasn't supposed to watch it from the hall, but I had to do something in Noah's class and happened to be where they were. That's Ben in the really cool (and dirty) white Power Ranger suit.
4 comments:
I am happy that it is all over for you. Luckily the kids survived..you can be the grinch next year as your actual costume. It must come from Mom...now I get why she hated Halloween so bad.
I felt the same way! By 4:00 I found myself wishing the night was already over. Your kids looked great though and don't envy our warm weather too much. At the end of the night Aidan was so gross and sweaty - ugh.
Where was Matt?
I'm sure the sugar high the kids had didn't help the situation out much. The kids looked so cute. You are an awesome mom for enduring it all by yourself! Get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Boo, humbug is all I have to say!
Post a Comment