Friday, September 14, 2007

Treasure

Noah found a treasure. He didn't go searching, so I guess maybe it found him. He was looking for his soccer shorts and pulled the drawer too far out, trapping his hand underneath. While he was waiting for his slow mom to rescue him, he noticed something under one of the boards along the bottom of the dresser. Once he was free he pulled out a large silver coin.

It resembled some of the European coins we have floating around so I didn't think too much of it. Until I noticed that it was an American silver dollar and had the date 1889 on it. Our Google search: 1889 silver dollar resulted in information about the "Morgan Silver Dollar" (named for the designer of the coin). So we have ourselves a little treasure. It's not the rarest year, or the most valuable but it's a pretty fun collector's item.

But I am intrigued about how it got into the dresser. This dresser is part of a set we got from Mike and Dianne. I think it originally belonged to Grandma Shirley. We painted it and have moved it 3 times and have never found the dollar. I guess it was just Noah's lucky day.
PS: Finders Keepers.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Noah, I am so glad that you found that. I have been looking for it since last Thanksgiving! It's my lucky coin and I guess it must have fallen out of my stuff the last time I was at your house. Maybe you didn't know that I put my clothes in your dresser?
Just joking. That is a really cool find!