Saturday, September 29, 2007

Inevitable

I look forward to Fall. I love fall--the crisp mornings but still warm days. It's perfect weather to be outside. Yet my love for fall is bittersweet. As much as I enjoy it, I live through fall with dread. It doesn't last long enough and winter is lurking. Winter! Ugh. I am not a winter person. I don't like to be cold. My hair doesn't like to be wet. I don't like all the slipping.
Lately, I have been hearing things, disturbing things: talk of berries still on trees, el nino, a long winter. Old wives tales, or so I thought. Yesterday, September 29, it snowed. My kids were ecstatic. I wish I could hibernate.



Yes, Noah has made the first snowball of the year. Great. Just great.

Note the accumulation along the house.

3 comments:

Emily said...

my kids are so jealous. once it starts to really get cold you know where you can come for a break!

Harris Beach Bums said...

Dito Emily's coment. Can I send you my pictures and have you write the text? You are so clever and funny! Can't wait for your next blog...not to put any pressure on you or anything:)

The Francis Family said...

I feel your pain.