Noah's so called spring soccer season starts in March. It's not consistently warm in March. In fact, most of the time, the weather is rotten--windy, rainy and/or snowy. The games are flat out cold and miserable to watch and they are rarely canceled due to bad weather.
It was lucky that the snow was mostly on the sidelines at this game. It was really cold and the ball was extra heavy from absorbing all the water. The worst part was when the kids were getting hit with the ball. I can only imagine how painful it was to have get slammed with a soaking wet ball when your body is cold. At least the crowd offered a sympathetic groan every time a kid took one for the team.
Sometimes, if we're lucky, we can park right next to the field so we can watch from the warmth of the car.
Thank heavens the game they played in the pouring rain had convenient parking. It was inconvenient that I had to keep rolling down the window to wipe the rain off so that I could see.
After Noah was cold and soaking wet. You wouldn't know it from his expression, but they won the game.
I think there were only a couple of games that the weather was warm enough to actually enjoy the game. I can't figure out the logic in starting the season so early but at least Noah doesn't complain. That's how I know he likes soccer, because neither rain nor sleet or snow will stop him from playing.