Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hope of America

Each year, 5th graders from around the state gather at the Marriott Center to celebrate America. They form a super cool American flag and sing patriotic songs. It was pretty impressive, especially when the lights went out and they performed a choreographed flashlight number. There was a disco ball involved, it was really something.  

In between the kids' songs they featured some Latin dancing. I found it a little odd that a celebrate America program didn't feature a wider variety of dancing styles. I mean how hard is it to throw in some clogging, a Virginia Reel, or a hula? They did include the dancin' grannies (not the real name) which the boys just loved. In spite of Ben's pleading, I didn't get a picture of the 93 year old lady doing the splits. Maybe it was the sparkling costumes or the catchy music, whatever it was, I try not to think too much about why they liked them so much.

Are you wondering where Noah was? He was wearing a red t-shirt. See: