Zack was excited when I told him today we were going to the pumpkin patch for his preschool field trip. When I tried to get him in the car to leave he was a little upset and confused. The poor kid thought we were going to our pumpkin patch. At least he didn't have outrageous expectations for the field trip.

Instead the kids went to Hee Haw Farm. Maybe next year some unfortunate preschool will want to book the Francis Pumpkin Patch for a field trip. I will have some improvements to make before then. It will be hard to compete with Hee Haw. It was really fun. I won't show everything because there is a lot of stuff, but here are some of the kids favorite things.

The corn maze leads to a future project for Grandpa.

We think it is time for the McGarry farm to be a little more fun. Here's a start. It took Zack forever to get the courage to go down. I wish I got a better picture of the look on his face. It was hilarious, a cross between sheer terror and joy. When he was at the bottom, he took a deep breath and jumped up with a big smile on his face and ran back into line.

Zack and I really liked this cute little bunny village. Zack loved the bunny garden and bunny fountain. They even have a temple (according to Ben), this is Utah after all.

Meet LeRoy the pig, all 1200 pounds of him.

We went on a little hay ride.

They passed around a sunflower and let the kids take a seed. They were supposed to take
a seed, Zack took a whole bunch of seeds. We made it home with exactly zero. Shh, don't remind him. I think he had grand plans for our flower beds.

Pumpkin Patch tip: plant giant sunflowers to prevent bugs. Dang, I guess we really could have used those seeds. The kids got to go into the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin. Zack wanted a very specific tiny and fat one with a little green and orange. I didn't think we would ever find it. There were A LOT to choose from. We saw nearly all of them.

I can't even tell you how glad I am that the sunflowers were dying. Zack would still be there trying to pick one and I don't have a big enough vase .

This picture is for Grandpa:

So you are probably wondering what pictures I didn't include. There were a few. Sorry it is so long. But one last slide before we go... I wonder how many slides can boast that kind of view.
3 comments:
We are going to a pumpkin patch next week but I don't think ours is as grand as yours. I won't let my kids see your pics.
That is so cute. I think you need to plant sunflowers next year. How perfect for Zack. I am so impressed with your own pumpkin patch.
Emily, you are kind to appreciate our little pumpkin patch. It's actually pretty pathetic compared to some of them in the neighborhood. There is one house that has huge pumpkins and my kids are very jealous. Matt thinks they used some sort of growth hormone on them.
Post a Comment