Sunday, June 10, 2012

Accolades and End of School

Even though school didn't end until June 7th I wasn't ready for summer vacation. I have tried it both ways and it turns out I like peace and quiet rather than almost constant fighting and noise. But before school was over we had a few fun things. I didn't take pictures but I attended a Mother Tea with Ben. They sang us a few songs and we had brownies for breakfast. I also got a rose. Ben had a good 4th grade experience and earned a "Role Model Student" award. It's nice to see that his teacher recognized what a good kid he is. 
It's difficult to get a good long distance photo from a camera. 
Zack's class performed a few plays. I wish I had better pictures because they were super cute. They drew backgrounds which they hung up on the marker board. Zack was in two plays- this one was Spiderella. He played the fairygod moth, which he pointed out can be a boy. 
They don't start handing out official awards until 3rd grade, so Zack's teacher gave out candy bar awards. Zack was given this award for having a grand attitude.
We enjoyed hearing Noah play with the intermediate guitar class. They were actually pretty good. What we didn't know was this would be his last performance. He was planning on taking advanced guitar in 8th grade, but they eliminated the program. Lame.