Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FHE fail?

I had a genius idea to have a pre-Valentine's Day lesson about love. I found some foam mailboxes at Target and told the boys that we were going to spend the week writing to each other about the things we love. Great idea, right?  Zack was, no surprise, the best letter writer. He told me he loves that I cook. Very sweet. He wrote equally thoughtful and kind things to Ben and Matt. This is what he wrote to Noah:
 Noah showed me the note just after Zack had been yelling at him to leave him alone and to quit teasing him. Oops. That was an unforeseen glitch in my plan. But it turns out that Zack was actually being nice. Gerk (or jerk if you know how to spell) means: Junior Educated Rich Kid. While cool means Constipated Over-rated Out of style Loser. Nice compliment.