Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Festival de Primavera

I have three boys and zero girls. Which means that I spend more time at soccer games than dance recitals. I am cool with that. Last night I had the opportunity to watch Noah (orange sash) dance. It turns out he's pretty good. See for yourself:




I am not used to the whole costume thing so I didn't get decent picture of Noah.

In the grand tradition of Spanish programs, Noah had no idea what the words to the songs he sang meant. In the case of Guantanamera ("girl from Guantánamo") I can see why his teacher didn't take the time to explain it. I've actually heard this song before so I was curious and it's a long story. This video is a little shaky because Zack was dancing and bumping me.



He has been telling me for months that he was going to be sick on May 20th, but afterward he was pretty proud of himself. He should be proud. This is by far the best Spanish program I've seen. They kept it short with each grade singing one song (the 4th grade sang two but they were short) and dancing one dance. The costumes were adorable. They had pinatas, a mariachi band, burritos, taquitos and churros. It was definitely la fiesta magnifico!! Now I am extra excited for Ben to start Spanish immersion next year.