Three years ago Lyn, Laurie and I discovered that none of us had any plans for the 24th of July. It's always been kind of a lame holiday for Matt & I so we were all over the idea of having a little barbecue with some friends. The Benham's were the latest addition (I don't think they had even moved in yet) to the street and were brave enough to join us.


Now our little get together has become a 24th of July tradition. We have yummy food,


and play water games. The water balloons were planned,

the sprinklers--not really...

This year we got a little crafty. The kids made glow in the dark designs on t-shirts and glow in the dark comet balls.


We also had a little live music

before we lit off our legal fireworks.

We have so many kids the same ages on our street that it is always a little chaotic, but how can it not be fun?
2 comments:
I wish I were your neighbor. You guys always have so much fun. We did nothing for the 24th, but since we don't live in Utah I think we can get away with it.
What a fun neighborhood! We need to add some life to ours. Perhaps a new 24th holiday celebration would do the trick. Very cool party!!
Post a Comment