Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Entertained

We were thrilled when David's family came to stay last Friday night. We love having them come and visit. It also got us out of the house early Saturday morning so we could watch David race in the Sundance Hill Climb.

The race is a 2300' climb (about 8 miles). Good for David to want to race it. I got car sick just driving up the course and we only went to the 4th mile. We cheered him on near the start which meant we had some down time while we waited for him to come back.
As long as we kept the kids away from the rental bikes they did a pretty good job of entertaining themselves. They went on a chipmunk hunt. Henry wanted to catch Simon pretty badly. Based on a google search the little rodents we saw were probably not chipmunks or squirrels. There were a lot of them though and they kind of grossed me out. I was glad Henry was unsuccessful.
A boy can think of a million things to do with a stick. They threw them in the lake, had walking sticks, made a bow and used one to limbo.


After the race

we took the kids somewhere fun to eat: the super cool new Harley Davidson store in Lindon. It is a little nerve wracking with 6 boys and lots of motorcycles to touch but what better place to take boys?
The food was pretty good, even my pickiest eater liked it.
Thanks David and Emily for getting us out of the house. If you hadn't have come we probably would have stuck with our normal Saturday routine: cleaning the house & adjusting sprinklers.

2 comments:

Rilieanne said...

Have I ever told you how jealous I am that you and Emily are family? How fun that you guys get to spend so much time together with all of those BOYS. Tell Wolverine I love the new claws!

Emily said...

You guys are the best, we had so much fun. I don't know if I've ever told you how glad I am that we are family! I am pretty lucky to get to spend so much time with you you and your boys.