The adults are lazy and we don't hunt for eggs. We do have to take a few steps and pull an egg out of a bag in order to get a prize. The Easter egg hunt is always a good time and there are always some slightly disappointed grown ups. This year was Logan's year to get ripped off. The eggs have numbers inside which correspond to a prize. Mom read the wrong prize (a bottle of Axe body wash) which actually belonged to number of the egg Brandon picked right after. So instead of the body wash he had to take a lame prize. Poor Logan, getting sprayed in the head by silly string was only the beginning of a disappointing day...
Dad likes peanuts.
Matt likes peanuts even more.
Brock was the coolest kid at the hunt. And he knew it.
Later the kids colored easter eggs. Zack loved his glitter eggs and wanted to make sure we brought them home. I totally forgot about it. When we were driving home Zack asked if his eggs were ok. Dang. Shh, he hasn't remembered since.
Easter baskets:
Breakfast, lunch and pretty much dinner:
I admit that I like the sugary marshmallow goodness that is a Peep. I saw this little bunny car creation in Family Fun magazine. They kids loved doing this really easy project.
5 comments:
Cute Easter pics. We debated going up to Idaho and seeing the snowy pictures made me feel a little happy about us staying here. It looks like you guys had a fun holiday.
I am impressed you find the time to blog. I have some updating to do myself. Can I just refer everyone to your blog for my Easter update? Since we pretty much did the same thing, you covered everything very nicely.
I like the Easter egg treasure hunt idea. That sounds like fun, but you have to be pretty creative to come up with all the rhyming clues. That dryer one was good.
Mel
Can we go to the McGarry's next year? That table of prizes is fabulous! What a fun Easter and you are always the good mom - with that peep craft. (by the way, I think of you whenever I see a peep.)
The dryer clue was yours right? And the craft idea, you are so good. Looks like a fun time (except jumping on the tramp in the freezing cold!)
Post a Comment