Monday, July 14, 2014

Idaho- (the abbreviated version)

I had a lot of things planned for us in Idaho, but Matt's kidney issues changed a few things. We left Matt behind on Sunday and drove straight through. I don't mind driving so it's not too bad.  

We hit Rigby Lake on Monday while the Ricks family was still in town. They have really improved it since I was a kid. One skill I would like to develop is putting up an umbrella. We couldn't get it stable no matter what we did. There is always wind in Idaho so it just kept blowing over. 


 
We haven't seen the babies since they were little babies.  Remi had these boys in the palm of her chubby little hands. 
The Playmill Theater is always a good time. A few years ago we saw my favorite, "Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" this year we saw "Beauty & the Beast." One of the cast members was the nephew of my former bishop in our ward here in Vegas. Small world. 
The farm is the best place to get some driving practice in. Noah got to drive in grandpa's "outfit" a couple of times. It's a big rig, but he handled it pretty well. 

My dad's cousin opened up a soda shop--Sodavine--and Grandma took us to check it out. We loved our mixed drinks and pretzels. This will be a place we come back to. 

My poor dad was super busy with the harvest this year. He ended up having to bale hay this year so I spent an evening riding with him in his new baler. That was about the only time I got to really see him. They put up almost all that hay while we were there (in less than a week). 

I wasn't sure how long we would get to stay. We were going to go home on Saturday but decided to stay one more day for Emri's birthday party. She is the cutest little girl. 
 

And then there is this guy--Bodi might be the happiest kid in the family. 
We were making great time on our way home until this: 
We were stuck for a very long time just outside of Payson, I think. We drove straight through again and were welcomed home with this beautiful sunset. 
Overall I am happy living in Las Vegas. But my pitstop at the Lehi Costco kind of made me want to move back...good bread, the good string cheese, & the good Ranch dressing--all of which is not available at my local Costco. 
 And the best news of all--frozen hamburger can survive a 10 hour trip in the car. Hooray for decent hamburger--we hardly eat it anymore because nothing compares to McGarry beef.