Monday, April 22, 2013

Minds Blown

We decided to do something Vegas-y while Lionel and Etsuko were visiting. There must have been a Groupon or some kind of amazing deal that enticed us to see The Mentalist. We had to travel to the middle east (aka the Miracle Mile shops/Planet Hollywood). 
Did you know that the guy--the mentalist--had something to do with a TV show of the same name? I didn't until he told us multiple times. I have decided that there is a weird clap loud for me vibe from all magician, mind reader and illusionist types. It's off putting to me to have a performer demand more applause. But they seem to all do it so what can you do? Clap louder, I suppose. 
As far as the show went, it was actually very fun. I haven't the slightest idea how he could know what he knew. We had a fun time and spent a lot of time and energy after the show trying to figure it out. Ken thinks it had something to do with his watch. Ken is wrong. 


 After, we went to one of Matt (& Lionel's) favorite places to eat: Tacos El Gordo. This is a menu that doesn't photograph well, but they offer cabeza, lengua, sesos, buche (head, tongue, brain & stomach) of which we didn't partake. 
We finished the night at our favorite behind a strip-club frozen custard stand: Luv-It Frozen Custard. Now that's doing Vegas right!