Thursday, April 19, 2012

Zackary and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

It wasn't the best night for a concert. Thursday night was busy. We were trying to get things ready for Mom's surprise party, the Easter egg hunt and Brittni was styling hair. Zack worked hard to set up chairs outside so I promised him that on Friday I would take him to the store to buy some concessions and we'd have the concert on Friday night. 


I should have checked the weather: 
I did my best to keep up my end of the deal. Zack & Haylee picked out some treats and got them all ready.  
By concert time it was still really cold. The chairs were snowy and wet. Unfortunately, the audience wasn't patient enough to deal with stage fright and the giggles. 
So after two little songs we all went inside. It just wasn't a good night. I know this because Zack spent the next hour telling me about how it was the worst day ever. Tired of his complaints, I told him to find some paper and write down everything that happened that was bad. He did: 
Man, rough day.  All that and he had to play all day with his cousins, watch Wrath of the Titans in 3-D, go to an arcade, have McDonald's for lunch and pizza for dinner. It really was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

1 comment:

lrix said...

I still love this list. Too funny! It looks like the Ricks' need to work on our behavior, we made 5 of the 25 bad times of his day! I don't doubt the ones about Haylee, but I threw the pizza away innocently. :)