Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lucky Number 13

It is a little mind blowing that I am the mother of a teenager. Where did the time go? This was a friend party year and for the past month I have been trying to get Noah to decide what he wanted to do. I threw out options and had amazing ideas, but I couldn't get him to commit. He LOVES the Hunger Games so when I saw my friend Rilie's awesome birthday party ideas I thought we could use some of them and take the boys to play Lazer Tag. But then he broke his arm and the Klondike was the night before so we ended up with an impromptu birthday-eve sleepover with Ethan and Sean.  He wanted to eat pizza and go to an arcade and almost ended up at Chuckie Cheese but then remembered Grazianos. My kids love that place. 
I warned him the night before to be up before 9:00 to open presents or he would have to wait until Matt & I came home from the gym. Noah, who used to be an early riser, has become a major sleep-in-er especially if he is up all night the night before. I was thinking maybe they'd be up by 8:30. They were up before 7:00. 
 We didn't have anything planned for his actual birthday, so Matt & I took him out on the town. It was his choice for lunch but he was indecisive and tired and didn't get enough sleep so Matt picked what we both thought would be a safe choice for him. He liked it ok, but it's no Emmett and Ethel's. He later said he would have rather gone to Fuddruckers. Teenagers!?!!
On Sunday we invited all our Vegas family to come celebrate his birthday. Thank you  Pinterest for the perfect cake idea.  
Because I enjoy a little subway art in my life, I decided to make one in Noah's honor. Here are some, but not all, of the things that relate to Noah at age 13.