Our plan was to leave Brian Head early Sunday morning so that we could make it home in time for church. We wanted to check out Cedar Breaks before we left. Again, the amount of snow threw us off. We were too lazy to pull out the boots and opted to move quickly and to follow Matt's trail.
It was too much for Zack. The snow did get pretty deep. Noah saved the day and carried him on his back so that we could all see this beautiful view.
From the cabin, Cedar Breaks is just a few minutes in the other direction. It is normally pretty easy to get back to the I-15, except when the road which takes you to Cedar City is closed and the only option is to go left. Now you can turn around, which Matt will tell you he asked me to do several times, but in all honesty I really just didn't want to drive back up the way we came. People drive slow. What can I say? We were heading East which is not the direction we should have been but it sure was beautiful. We passed a lovely lake and saw Duck Creek. I've never seen Duck Creek. We made our way to the scenic 89, which took us through Zion National Park. I had hopes that we could still make church, but I didn't account for the wait time to drive through the tunnel or the fact that people drive slow through National Parks. Oh well, before we left, Matt had been trying to convince me that we should go to Zion on the way home. I love that place, and as Noah put it, it was fun to accidentally go there. We didn't get out or stop while we were there, except for a quick side of the road potty break after the park. I snapped these pictures while we waited for someone to relieve himself.
We saw this headline when we finally arrived in St. George-- information that would have been useful two hours before.