Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cub Scouting It Up

Matt & I are the Wolf den leaders in our ward. For the most part it's fun. The boys are a little wacky but I am used to crazies so it's usually good.  I am not new to a scouting calling, I served briefly as a Bear den leader when Noah was a Bear. I got to go with him to Cub Scout day camp. Now I can say the same for Ben. Here day camp is actually DAYS camp-like 4 days of Cub Scouts. It took me the rest of April to recover. We had a good sized group so I only managed to take a few pictures.
Here is Ben in a few moments of reflection.
Ben building a tool box.
Ben and his shield.
When you go for 4 (!) days, you do A LOT of stuff. Ben also crafted a sword, acted the part of a king in a play, played checkers on a life sized board, learned about marbles from a real-life former high school marble champion (he was way too into marbles!), shot a bow, shot a BB gun, raced a boat in a rain gutter regatta, spent his life savings on beef jerky sticks and candy at the "store" and did some relay races. WHEW! I guess maybe Noah got ripped off.