The following story is 100% true and possibly the creepiest thing to ever happen to me. Intrigued?
I watched the movie Inception when it came out in theaters and loved it. The best part of seeing it in the theater was the audience reaction to the end--is it a dream or not? Gasp! Literally, there were gasps. The movie was on my mind for the next few days so I decided that I was going to believe in a happy ending. Then I read an article where Christopher Nolan (the director) said that there really is an ending-it's not just up for the viewer to decide. And so when it arrived via Netflix I was determined to watch carefully so that I could hopefully prove that it wasn't a dream.
I am not a deep thinker so I really had to make myself focus and concentrate when we finally got around to watching it. The first night, I fell asleep mid-way through. I hate having Netflix movies for too long (such a waste of money!) so I was determined to finish it the next night even though that meant starting it at midnight. Short of actually taking notes, I was really concentrating on all the different dream levels, the token, any sign that might indicate the intended meaning. Finally, at about 1:00 am it was over. And still the meaning wasn't clear to me. Gasp!
Matt was half awake and while I was in the bathroom I told him that I decided that I don't want it to be a dream and so that's what the ending is about even if it might not be.
Here's where things get freaky. I was walking by the dresser to get back into bed when Noah's old cell phone all of a sudden lit up. Matt can't sleep with any light on (he covers the tiny blue light on the satellite receiver in our room) so he got up to turn it off. This is what was on the screen*:
FOR REAL! Either Matt is the greatest prankster in the world or that was some kind of crazy, crazy coincidence. He swears that he didn't do it and I think I believe him. Still it will take more than a creepy, demon phone to change my interpretation of Inception.
*You may have noticed the time on the phone in the photo doesn't jive with the time line of the story. I took a picture of the screen the next day

No comments:
Post a Comment