This is my new favorite Christmas tradition improvement: PJ pails. So cute!! I saw them at a friend's house and became obsessed. Luckily they are cheap and easy to make. You just need a paint can ($3.50 Lowes),a paint can lid key, paper, ribbon (to tie the key to the handle), 4x6 photo album ($1) and--the best part--rubber cement. Another adhesive would probably work, but when was the last time you used rubber cement? I loved that stuff when I was little and I still love it now that I am old.
My kids always know they are getting Christmas Eve pjs so there is no point in trying to hide it. Instead, I put them in the pail, added a personalized photo album and hammered down the lid to prevent snooping. The album part took a little time because we just started, and Noah already has 12 Christmases under his belt, but it was worth finding a picture from each year. On the opposite side of the picture, I wrote a little bit about what Christmas was like that year like if we had visitors, some of the presents he got or other memories. The boys loved reading their books and remembering the pjs from the past.
Before I packed the pails away, I printed out a picture from this year and had the kids write down their own memories. I'm already excited to get them out next year.