Thursday, November 5, 2009

He can do it!!!


When the rest of the kids his age started riding bikes this spring, I thought for sure Zack would be ready to bust out the training wheel bike and start riding. He's the third boy and usually the most daring of my kids, but surprisingly he wanted nothing to do with bikes. Every time I mentioned it he said, "I can live my life without bikes." We couldn't even convince him to give it a try. Then this happened to Ben while he was riding Zack's bike.
That pretty much proved Zack's point and I didn't bother him about it again. But not being able to ride a bike started to bother Zack. At night he would get sad and tell me that he needed to learn how to ride his bike because he had been telling his friends that he knew how. His little lie and the whole not being able to ride a bike thing was pretty embarrassing for him, so we started practicing while some of his friends were at school so they wouldn't see him. He skipped the training wheels altogether and things were a little shaky at first but now he's doing pretty well. Soon he'll be able to go on a ride with the big boys and he's finally excited about it.