I put Ben in soccer when he was four because I figured that he would love it as much as Noah did. He didn't. He would walk off the field when he didn't feel like playing anymore. He would leave his game so that he could watch Noah's team play. I couldn't even get him to stick around for the treats. So we quit. Lesson learned. For me anyway. Now I ask him if he wants to play a sport.
I finally got a yes with basketball. We originally thought that the basketball season would overlap with Noah's indoor soccer season, which meant that Noah wouldn't play basketball. Instead, Noah's indoor season was shorter but we still decided that we'd focus on Ben this time. He's my middle child & tends to get overlooked. We didn't want to have to split up to see the games and have him compared to Noah. It was a good choice. Ben's a good little player. It's very different watching him because he is quieter and doesn't really care to have the ball all the time. He makes a few baskets every game and always leaves with a smile. What more could I ask? Oh, yes, their team "dominates." (That's Ben's word not mine.)