This is the first year that Matt was available to take the boys trick or treating. I have endured cold temperatures and bad weather in the past so I have to admit I was a little happy that it rained. Let him suffer for once. Before you think I am totally cold hearted it was just a light sprinkle and it was still fairly warm outside. I am sure the kids had more fun going with him anyway, especially with Ian coming along.

Matt also got to enjoy the company of these lovely ladies.

A trip around the neighborhood and here's the haul:

A few left over Halloween moments:

On Friday, Zack's costume was finally taking its toll on his patience. The cape is kind of big and gets wrapped around him when sits, especially when he's confined with a seat belt. We were driving when he complained to me: "OH! This cape is bugging me.... but it looks cool." So he kept the thing on the whole day, even when we were shopping. He was rewarded with candy at Costco.
He was also wondering what birds wear for Halloween costumes. He is convinced that they dress up as bats because that would be easy. He pointed out a black bird to me and told me that he already had his costume on. I asked him how they make them and he said that they can sew them with their beaks, but maybe they sneak into peoples' houses. (Maybe that is what
that bird was doing in our heating duct.) Once in costume, birds trick or treat to each others' nests. I'll bet you didn't know that.