Monday, May 5, 2008

The Tease

My dad is a great big tease. I spent my childhood always on guard. You never knew what he had planned: it could be ice down the back, a squirt with the water bottle or the theft of whatever I was eating. It was just always best to be ready, and usually ready to run. He's spent 34 years teasing his seven kids and now he has a whole new crop of grandkids to bother. After being chased, tickled & scared all weekend the kids were ready to take it to him on Sunday.

The surprise assault:
This is how it worked out:
But they continued to bring it on. Hoping, I guess, that his hands would get too full:

Ben even tried to out cowboy him by lassoing him with a jump rope. It was a bold move that failed and poor Haylee suffered the consequences.
Dad wonders why the kids always run away from him. Isn't it obvious? I just don't get why they keep coming back for more. Maybe one day they will realize that they outnumber him, and he'll get what he deserves....

9 comments:

lrix said...

The story is so true. It cracked me up and I was even there. Deep down we all love Dad's teasing. Good memories.

Liz said...

What a cool Grandpa. I loved the pictures---very cute!!

Mel said...

Hi. I saw your blog via Liz's blog & a few new friends from the ward. This is all new to me, but it's so fun seeing a different side of the people around us. I'd love to add you as a friend if you'd like. Hope all is well on Winter Wheat.

Kelli said...

Hehehe...aren't grandpa's wonderful? I loved the picture's, so cute!

Unknown said...

Hey Kliss, found your blog on Kelli Huffs. I love seeing your fun family. Looks like you have a lot of exciting times in your house. Hope you don't mind me checking it out.
Maelynn

jg said...

Thats so cute! He seems like a fun dad and grandpa! He I need your email address. Thanks

McGarryMom said...

What I thought was so funny was how Dad got laughing so hard he could hardly tell us what was so funny. He was scaring the kids and then laughing at the way they'd react and then they'd come back for more.

McGarryMom said...

I wish we could have caught Dad on camera when he was laughing so hard he was practically crying. He thought it was so funny to see how the kids reacted when he scared them and then they just kept coming back for more. No wonder they thought an ambush was in order.

McGarryMom said...

Woops, sorry about the 3 comments to make one comment. I didn't think accepted the first comment so I redid it.