Thursday, April 24, 2008

Slides, Ladders and Couches

Wednesday night Zack had another one of his accidents. I am seriously considering bubble wrapping him. Emily posted on her blog about it being time, that's the first thing that popped in my mind when I found him crying on the floor telling me that he hurt his foot. He is averaging one leg related injury a year and we were a few months overdue.

Injury #1-McDonald's slide victim:

Injury #2- Playhouse ladder victim:Injury #3 Couch jumping victim:
Fortunately this time his little free fall didn't result in an ER visit. I couldn't get him to walk on it at first but eventually, once we put an ace bandage on it, he would take a few steps on his heel. I wasn't home to put the kids in bed that night but Matt said he didn't walk the rest of the night and had him put the bandage on him after his bath. In the morning I was curious if he would be up and walking. He came out of his bedroom walking fine on the wrapped foot but limping on the other one. I figured that he was faking, until he sat on my lap and I realized that Matt had wrapped the wrong foot. We got that all straightened out and he slowly got more mobile as the day went on. He discovered that if he used a plastic golf club as a cane he could get around just fine. He has since ditched the cane and is limping around. At least I am not carrying him everywhere and maybe the 3rd time will be a charm and he'll start being more careful. That, or I am buying a large supply of bubble wrap and duct tape.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know which is funnier - the golf club cane or the fact that Matt wrapped the wrong foot?  It looks like Zack is raising his hand to the square to promise you that he'll be more careful and won't have any more accidents.

Harris Beach Bums said...

I can't get enough of that kid!

The Francis Family said...

Zack is clumsy like you! Just kidding. I have to comment on the golf club cane. Zack's imagination is awesome.